Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello and happy Thanksgiving!

Today there are many things to be thankful for, and I am very grateful for what I have been given.

Yesterday, I nearly cut off the tip of my left thumb. While I am sad that it happened, I am thankful that it wasn't worse. It is definitely disappointing, especially because I was planning to start working on the Super Mario Bros warpless (complete all stages) category again. So now my plans have changed, and maybe this will give me some time to collect my thoughts. I have had a series of events happen recently that are making me think, re-examine my life, and my goals. I was almost involved in two head-on car collisions on the same day: one with a man being chased by the police, and one on my way to work that morning where I had to swerve toward a side road when they veered straight towards me.



I am thankful I'm alive.

As for gaming, I need to practice for Awesome Games Done Quick, but I'm sure I could manage even without practice. I mean, it's Super Mario Bros (I think I've played it before)? I think it will be a few weeks (or months) before I can actually use my thumb, especially given how rough I am on it when I play NES.  In the meantime, I'm going to use this time to figure out a game plan.

I also started a "black box" NES gaming series. The black box NES games are the 30 initially released titles by Nintendo. I realized that I really enjoy the way these games play, and I have experience with the majority of them already. The list is this image below.


I already did 10-Yard Fight last week. It's not exactly the most interesting title to watch, but it was definitely a worthy challenge. It's a world record! 77-0. I've never managed to crack 70 until now. :)



The black box series will consist of both high score and speedrun world records, and will likely also include miscellaneous videos showcasing oddities of specific titles.

1 comment: