Saturday, February 11, 2017

I want to open an arcade...

This might be a bit of a rant, but I wanted to just get this off my chest. It's about where I am now as far as gaming is concerned and what I am planning for the future:

I have always been a very competitive person. I don't think I exactly come across that way, but I guess it's more that I am just interested in seeing how I compare with "The Bests" when it comes to just about everything. How do I stack up against the competition on X? Sometimes it's fun to try and compete on something you have no business competing on. Participating in speedrun competitions has given me a real appreciation for how good the top players are on a given game. I can't tell you how many times I have said "I wish I could do that!"

I love competing for speedrun/high score world records, and I wish I had the time to try my hand at more games. I have been playing for quite a few years now, and the majority of my world records have been broken. I used to think that was a bad thing, but I am actually glad to see these games pushed further than I expected. I obviously can't be the best in the world at 20 games and expect that none of those records will ever be broken. Whenever I hear about one of my records being broken now, I immediately want to pick the game up and reclaim my title. Of course I'm not happy about losing a record, but it doesn't really bother me like it used to.

I realized that I don't have anything to prove, and that I never really did. I like competing on games whether I'm the best or the worst. I like playing games, and I love being able to connect with the people who share that interest. That's what is important to me now, the people in this community. Setting records is definitely great, but it's nothing compared to the friendships and impacts that I've made while gaming. I hope that things only get better from here.


With all that said, I have really been thinking about how I want to spend my time. I want to do more for the gaming community. I am considering opening up an "arcade" or sorts. I need to sort out the details of what this would mean. I am trying to work this all out, but I think in the next few years, I may try and open up a "speedrun arcade." I don't want to say exactly what I have in mind, but just that it would definitely be unique. I will be researching many things in regard to this, and I hope that this idea becomes a reality.






1 comment:

  1. Deposit Minimal Hasil Maximal !!!

    Hanya bersama SMSQQ, Main game asik, Hanya modal 15rb kamu bisa main 8 game.. ada bonusnya juga lho.

    Bonus yang di berikan SmsQQ :
    * Bonus rollingan 0.3% up to 0.5% setiap minggunya
    * Bonus Refferal 10% + 10% seumur hidup
    * Dan masih banyak bonus menarik laen nya yang bisa anda dapatkan di SmsQQ

    Jadilah Milionare Sekarang Juga Hanya di SMSQQ ^^
    Hubungi Customer Service Kami Stand By 24 Jam

    BBM: 2AD05265
    WA: +855968010699
    Facebook : smsqqkontenviralterkini
    Pendaftaran : bit.ly/2lCay9P

    ReplyDelete